Dream Saffron Ice Cream
Recipe by Isabel Coss
- 500 g Peaches, chopped, and chopped
- 200 g Sugar
- 10 g Corn starch
- Mix peaches, sugar and cornstarch,
- Place on a sheet tray over parchment or silpat
- Roast at 400F for 30- 40 min
- 85 g Ap flour
- 85 g Heavy cream
- 100 g Sugar
- 85 g Flour
- 70 g Butter, melted room temp
- 2 ea egg whites
- 1 tsp burnt vanilla or extract
- 5 g Salt
- Mix egg whites with heavy cream, stir well.
- Add all the dries followed by the melted butter stir well, you'll get a paste.
- Spread thick over silpats and bake at 350F for 5 min
- Chopped to pieces and reserve
SAFFRON ICE CREAM
- 550 g Milk
- 120 g Heavy cream
- 40 g Milk powder
- 20 g Dextrose
- 170 g Sugar
- 100 g Yolk
- 15 pistols Saffron
- Use a mortar and pestle to grind saffron with a tablespoon of the measured sugar.
- Steep milk with cream and sugars. Let sit for 10 min
- Temper over egg yolks and bring back to the stove with the milk powder.
- Heat till first boil and cool down immediately, to avoid continuous cooking.
- Let mature overnight and spin on your ice cream machine according to manufacture instructions.
- Add layers of cookie waffers and peach sauce to the icecream after spun
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.