Saffron Roasted Chicken
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4–pound) whole chicken
- 1 pinch of saffron threads (15 threads)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Sprinkle ground saffron on ice cubes and let it melt at room temperature.
- Clean the chicken and pat dry it completely, on the skin and in the cavity.
- Grind the saffron with a pinch of salt, then add your saffron in the melted butter and mix well. Now you can add olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon to your marinade. Pour your marinade on the chicken and make sure all areas are covered, either with an oil brush or using your fingers.
- Place the head of the garlic in the cavity, cross the legs and tie them using a kitchen twine. Then place the chicken in a roasting pan, pour in the chicken stock, and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes until the thighs are at 165 F degrees. Baste the chicken when its halfway through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it sit for 10 minutes before carving.
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.