Saffron Roasted Chicken
Organic saffron infused chicken in a rich, smokey and nutty sauce and blend of spices that is easy to prepare and hugely aromatic.
Saffron chicken nutrition facts
This dish just contributes 325 calories, so it's a delicious and light opcion. Also have more protein than anything, just 15 mg of cholesterol and 4.7 g saturated fat. In addition, saffron is one of the most powerful organic antioxidants, reduces heart disease risk factors, may lower blood sugar levels and may improve memory in adults.
Nutrients are one of the most important things you can consider to prepare this dish. Apart from the energy, the dish has vitamins and minerals like calcium, folate, niacin, vitamin A and vitamin B6. All of this could be part of your diet when you cook with organic saffron.
Be careful of saffron adulterations because these imitations could be dangerous for health, for non risk in Moonflowers organic saffron is your very best option.
Ways to Cook Saffron Chicken
This is one of the easiest ways to cook chicken with saffron, but actually there are more recipes that we are going to explore in the following days. If you want the next level of difficulty, you can add some vegetables, the saffron is going to change all the tastes you already know.
What goes well with saffron chicken?
This dish works very well without second plates, but you can improve dinner with some easy accompaniment. For example, you can serve saffron chicken on a bed of white rice, if you're looking for different flavors try the dish with melted cheese on top.
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4–pound) whole chicken
- 1 pinch of saffron threads (15 threads)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1 head garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Sprinkle ground saffron on ice cubes and let it melt at room temperature.
- Clean the chicken and pat dry it completely, on the skin and in the cavity.
- Grind the saffron with a pinch of salt, then add your saffron in the melted butter and mix well. Now you can add olive oil, juice of 1/2 lemon to your marinade. Pour your marinade on the chicken and make sure all areas are covered, either with an oil brush or using your fingers.
- Place the head of the garlic in the cavity, cross the legs and tie them using a kitchen twine. Then place the chicken in a roasting pan, pour in the chicken stock, and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes until the thighs are at 165 F degrees. Baste the chicken when its halfway through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, let it sit for 10 minutes before carving.
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.