Saffron Infused Oil
Spicy and bitter.
- 2 cups high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
Make the magic happen
- Lightly toast the the pink peppercorns in a dry pan or in the oven, stop before they blacken or burn. Using a mortar and pestle, crush half of the pink peppercorns, to release their flavors.
- Heat the oil over a low heat until it reaches 180ºF. Remove from the heat and pour the hot oil over the saffron threads and pink peppercorns.
- Allow to cool and pour into your air tight bottle, keeping all or some of the spices. Tightly cap and store in a cool dark place (or the refrigerator) and it's ready to use.
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.