Crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 1/3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 4 2/3 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup of quark
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of saffron
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then grind your saffron threads with some sugar and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Separate eggs. Beat yolks well and add 1/4 cup (50 mL) of warm sauce mixture to egg yolks.
- Combine yolk mixture with remaining sauce, blending thoroughly. Set sauce aside to cool slightly.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl and slowly add the granulated sugar, unstill stiff. Fold some of the egg whites into sauce to make it lighter, then gently but thoroughly fold the sauce into the remaining egg whites.
- Carefully pour into 4-cup (1 L) soufflé.
- Bake in preheated 375° F (190° C) oven until puffed and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.