Saffron Cava Cocktail
Start by preparing your saffron simple syrup ahead of time. This way your cocktail is ready quickly when your guests have arrived.
Cardamom-saffron simple syrup:
- 1 pinch of saffron (15 threads)
- 200 ml hot water
- 5 cardamom pods
- 50 ml cold water
- 250 g sugar / 1 cup
- 2 red grapefruits
- few tablespoons of granular sugar
Click here for the recipe of saffron simple syrup. Peel the cardamom pods and add the seeds with the saffron to the water and strain later.
- Sparkling chilled Cava
- 30 ml red grapefruit juice
- 15 ml saffron-cardamom syrup
- slivers of grapefruit zest
- Squeeze the red grapefruits to yield about 200 ml (3/4 cup) of juice. Pour the juice through a fine strainer in order to remove the pulp and pits. Set 1 tbsp aside for the rims, and chill the rest of the grapefruit juice for the cocktails.
- Combine the liquids soaking the glass rims in a small flat dish. In a seperate bowl, pour a small quantity of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 6 champagne flutes by dipping the rims into the soaking liquid, then into the granulated sugar. Set the champagne flutes aside.
- For each cocktail, add ½ oz of simple syrup, 1 oz grapefruit juice. Top up each glass with 4 oz of chilled sparkling Cava. Garnish with the grapefruit zest and serve. Cin cin!
MORE RECIPES HERE
Inspired by the easy no knead focaccia recipe in Bon Appetit, adding a pinch of gold.