January is the month to recalibrate your ‘diet’. After all the over-indulgence in holiday food and drinks we often feel like a cleansing or detox after is needed. No pressure to reinvent yourself this month though, we’re only here to share our guide to a feel-better-January.
The Moonflowers guide to a January detox:
- Drink more water. And while you’re at it, add a pinch of saffron to your water for a boost in antioxidants (get the recipe here)
- Eat more colorful plant foods like super fruits and dark leafy greens like kale, Swiss chard, spinach, watercress, and arugula.
- Increase your intake of fatty food for some more omega-3 fat.
- Fresh green herbs are often used as garnish, but they also offer health benefits. Add more herbs to your meals. Basil, turmeric, thyme and especially saffron contain a lot of anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants.
- Help your gut move and remove the waste in your digestive system by eating more high fiber foods. Foods like beans, whole grains, nuts, berries are high in fibers.
The body eliminates toxins on its own through your liver, kidneys, digestive system, and skin. Consuming nutritions that help your body get rid of these toxins may have the following health benefits:
- Helps reduce mood swings
- Accelerate weight loss
- Brighten your skin
- Makes you feel more energized
- Improve your energy levels
MORE JOURNALS HERE
Beauty Benefits of Saffron
Learn about the various ways of implementing saffron into your skincare routine